Sunday, January 3, 2010

My First XC riding experience

Mountain bikes are meant to be ridden in cross country terrain. I am only exposed to cross country cycling in 2001. 5 years after I had my mountain bike. The experience is so memorable, I can still vividly remember the day and the scar it left.

My virgin ride is in T15 mandai. Some call it Gangsa trail. It is near the Singapore Zoological Garden and Night Safari. The road leading to the zoo, look the right, you will see a tarmac road leading to T15.

Cross country isn't easy. I rode my then Specialized Hardrock and meet up with a guy, i think his nickname is Fuzzybear in Togoparts. We met at the Seletar Reservoir park, there he showed me the way to T15.

T15 is perfect for beginners, not a lot of tight turn, just a couple of climbs. I would grade it as 2 stars out of 5 stars in terms of difficulties.

There i met a few other cyclists, whom I can still recall his nickname Fisher (Riding a Gary Fisher).

Unfortunately, the gathering ended very soon. The group went their separate ways. The group became too competitive as we get more and more experienced in cross country.

Honestly, I missed them and the rides with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment